Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248948||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||-||City:||South Korea||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
IAM Level II (CASP or CISSP) required; Host Based Security System(HBSS) Certificate/ACAS completion certificate recommended
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
Should have certifications and experience with the following: Splunk Certified Administrator; Risk Management Framework; Certified Network Wireless Administrator with Enterprise Wireless scanning or DoD Flying Squirrel wireless assessment tool; experience in implementing or assessing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: - Perform a variety of Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) functions which are broad in nature and support multi-tier IA and CND functions to include; but not limited to; systems engineer; audit/inspection; infrastructure support; certification and accreditation; vulnerability management; detection and response support services - Provide support for a program; organization; system; or enclave•s information assurance program - Provide security certification test and evaluation of assets; vulnerability management and response; security assessments; and customer support - Provide support for proposing; coordinating; implementing; and enforcing information systems security policies; standards; and methodologies - Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies; standards; and procedures are established and followed - Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system - Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information - Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation - Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software; hardware; and firmware - Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. - Prepare and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs); Risk Assessment Reports; Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages; and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs) - Execute policies and guidance provided by senior functional/technical leads Please note: Position may require moderate to strenuous physical activity; standing or sitting for long periods; lifting hardware and related equipment; reaching into areas to connect cables; power supply; etc.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.