Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248867||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||City:||Wiesbaden||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
IAT Level III certification required; MCSE: Windows Server 2012 certification recommended
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: - Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring; security; Operating System (OS) installation; and other local area system administration related functions. - Provide support for implementation; troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems - Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems - Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations; monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices; mobile devices; etc. - Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification; diagnosis and resolution of problem - Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers - Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process - Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems - Installs/loads operating system and application software - Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications; the operating system; the hardware; the communications infrastructure; or any combination thereof - Troubleshoot; maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance - Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems. - Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. - Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems. - Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software; troubleshoot; maintain integrity of and configure network components; along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. - Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.