Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248857||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Jacksonville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
The Electrical Systems Equipment Technician shall use knowledge of electrical theory and concepts and electronics fundamentals to diagnose and repair electric motors; electronic modules; motor control circuits; and electric power generation equipment; to include diesel engines utilized in electric power generation equipment. Responsibilities include using AIS such as GCSS-MC and SSAVIE. He/she will troubleshoot digital/logic components/circuites and make organizational and intermediate level repairs on the electrical systems of engineer and general supply equipment. Repairs; installs; replaces; and tests electrical circuits; equipment; and appliances.
1. Repairs; installs; replaces; and tests electrical circuits; cables; equipment; and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment; lighting; signal; communication; and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring; switches; motors; and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches; sockets; and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears; brushes; and armatures.
7. Mounts motors; transformers; and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings; blueprints; schematics; and wiring diagrams.
9. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
1-3 years of related electrical experience.
Prefer Candidate to have military experience at the MOS 1142; Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Tehnician level.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.