Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248856||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||City:||Wiesbaden||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Fabricates; installs; maintains; and repairs electronic; mechanical; and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; troubleshoots; modifies; constructs and tests various types of electrical; electronic; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
IAT Level II required; MTA: IT Infrastructure certification recommended
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: - Provide Tier I and II support at remote field and garrison sites - Perform server and desktop installation; basic cabling - Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks - Provide desktop system management involving account monitoring; security; operating system (OS) installation; and other local area system administration related functions - Be capable of running an entire remote site by themselves with demanding customers in austere or garrison locations - Maintain and load cryptographic devices and keys - Perform troubleshooting; maintenance; and repair on many types of hardware and software
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.