Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248846||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||City:||Wiesbaden||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Responsible for designing; planning; implementing and administering databases; including security; access; and documentation.
1. Participates in the design; maintenance; enhancement; coding; and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow and storage requirements; and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage; researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality; including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability; monitoring activity; and documenting problems; changes; and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries; database structure and layout; installing; upgrading; and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
IAT Level II certification required; MCSA:SQL Server 2012 certification recommended
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: - Maintains the integrity; security and availability of multiple database(s) - Duties include disaster recovery; performance analysis and tuning; index maintenance; and monitoring of data - Administers; maintains; develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database - Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products - Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. - Performs Oracle; SQL Server; SYBASE; and other DBMS Database and Application server administration - Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes - Directs the monitoring; administrating; and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization; developing/changing database indices; redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database. - Coordinates database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s. - Directs the installation of database management systems; databases; tables and views. - Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools; strategies and technologies.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.