Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248832||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Charlottesville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
IAT Level II and Unix/Linux Certification required; OCP (Solaris SCSA) certification recommended
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
8 years of Unix/Linux experience.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: - Accountable for all aspects of UNIX/Linux requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to UNIX/Linux - Responsible for supporting Solaris 8 • 10 (Sparc and X86); REHL v5 & 6; RHEL Satellite & OpenShift; Cross Domain Services - ISSE Guard; Radiant Mercury; Data Diodes OWL; LDAP/NIS; DNS; BIND; JEDI; F5 BigIP and Axway Tumbleweed. - Accountable for FTP; scripting; baseline builds; IAVA and patch management or their functional replacements. - Primary Point-of-Contact for UNIX/Linux issues - Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.