Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248817||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Charlottesville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Provides technical; administrative; and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
At this level; the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 25 employees both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical; administrative; and operational management of assigned project or tasks; including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff; including subordinate supervisors.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans; proposals; reports; and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors; other agencies; and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
IAM Level I certification required
CCNP or CCSP or CISSP or CCNA required
ITIL V3 and PMP recommended
8-10 years of related experience; including supervisory experience.
4 years of Systems Administration; Network Administration; Database Administration or combination experience.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities - Accountable for all aspects of requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to operational activities - Responsible for operations including security; maintenance and accountability - Responsible for meeting all technical requirements - Ensures that processes and network systems facilitate meeting performance requirements - Point-of-Contact for issues - Is authorized to act on all matters relating to the daily operation of the task order - Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates. Please note: Position may require moderate to strenuous physical activity; standing or sitting for long periods; lifting hardware and related equipment; reaching into areas to connect cables; power lines; etc.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.