Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248751||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Niceville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Performs data analysis; interpretation and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis.
1. Performs data collection; analysis; interpretation and management duties.
2. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis.
3. Ensures the integrity of project data; including data extraction; storage; manipulation; processing and analysis.
4. Consults with the external clients and internal staff to determine data management needs and objectives.
5. May be responsible for database design; administration; security; and maintenance.
6. Prepares presentations that reflect the results of the data analysis.
7. Provides data-related training to staff.
8. Coordinates with scientists and other technical experts to design and develop statistical analyses methodologies.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science; Statistics or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
5 years of experience in an IT and asset management role. Prior experience with Microsoft Enterprise Licensing is highly valued.
Typical duties include: • Joining financial; contractual; and inventory functions in support of new material purchases and capital equipment replacement • Working directly with the Government to maintain a seamless transition from the creation of purchase orders; to the delivery of assets; to the disposal of end of life items • Maintaining the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) • Developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking the full information technology (IT) asset; license; and maintenance life cycle; from procurement to retirement • Defining; maintaining; and updating policies and procedures for effective management of the IT asset life cycle (e.g.; acquisition; deployment; utilization; de-installation; reallocation; and disposal) • Tracking and maintaining an accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle • Auditing; validating; and reconciling software licenses against the installed asset base • Providing subject matter expertise for personal computer (PC); network; and server licensing • Planning for the population of the asset database • Managing the asset database • Ensuring regular housekeeping of the asset database • Working closely with the Government to ensure policy compliance and asset maintenance • Identifying opportunities to fully utilize unused or partially used IT hardware and software assets • Defining metrics; collecting data; and reporting on the effectiveness of IT asset management processes • Ensuring that the CMDB and asset database are highly accurate • Researching licensing models; product use rights; as well as licensing metrics and entitlements for vendor-published desktop software assets
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.