Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248741||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Colorado||City:||Colorado Springs||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Responsible for the analysis; administration and support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes; administers and maintains voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output; and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Typical duties include: • Administering the operation of all LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures • Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades • Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance; connectivity and related network problems • Administering LAN/WAN security; antivirus; and spam control measures • Provides system administration of network and communications systems; including; but not limited to; Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems. This includes administration of user accounts; passwords; access levels; and file transfer protocols (e.g.; FTP). • Comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware; software; and network components. • Responsible for creating monitoring reports and logs; as well as ensuring the functionality of links. • Coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team. • Identifies; analyzes; and documents long-range requirements; and schedules resources related to the enterprise network. • Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions including actions; milestones; timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions. • Researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure compliance with applicable standards. • Plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (tuning.; availability). • Prepares activity and progress reports for the Government with respect to network performance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.