|Job Ref:||RW248699||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Fayetteville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Candidates shall be responsible for providing technical and operational support; as well as subject matter expertise for Frequency Division Multiple Accesses (FDMA); Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA); Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Tactical Satellite (TACSAT); INMARSAT Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN); Global Broadcast Satellite (GBS); High-Performance Waveform (HPW); and other satellite communication (SATCOM) networks. Candidates shall be directly involved in configuring networks; monitoring systems; activating remote terminals; as well as tracking and resolving SATCOM incident reports and problems related to baseband; intermediate frequency (IF); and radio frequency (RF) communications.
Candidates shall analyze Satellite Access Requests (SARs); Gateway Access Requests (GARs); Satellite Access Authorizations (SAAs); Gateway Access Authorizations (GAAs); Telecommunication Service Requests (TSRs); Telecommunication Service Orders (TSOs); Transmission Plans; and other documentation to determine SATCOM configuration requirements and alternatives and then report the results to the Government as required.
Candidates shall utilize Government-provided tools and applications to develop network diagrams and cutsheets based on their analyses Candidates shall provide daily status reports on equipment; network availability; and network utilization using Government-provided tools and applications and shall enter outage and restoral information into the Government's trouble management system.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2-5 years of related engineering experience.
• At least three years of experience in planning and operating FDMA; TDMA; UHF TACSAT; INMARSAT BGAN; GBS; HPW; and other commercial and military tactical satellite communications systems
• Expert knowledge of satellite ground station equipment and how to interface it with terrestrial systems (e.g.; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways and other telephony systems)
• Ability to plan and implement hybrid networks (e.g.; terrestrial; satellite; and fiber)
• Subject matter expertise in the RF theory associated with both commercial and tactical military satellite bands (e.g.; L;C;X;Ku;and Ka)
• Knowledge and experience with commercial and tactical military satellite technology architectures; standards; system; hardware and software.
• Ability to create; analyze; and process SARs; GARs; SAAs; GAAs; TSRs; and TSOs
• Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) Communications Security (COMSEC)
• Familiarity with DoD trouble ticketing systems (e.g.; Remedy)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.