Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248265||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||-||City:||Doha||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Helps maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Coordinates hardware and software installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Participates in systems testing and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a minimum of an Associate's Degree from an accredited college; although a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems; Computer Science; Engineering; a Mathematics- intensive discipline; or a similar field is preferred.
• Three to five years of related technical experience
• Experience managing teams in a matrix organization with a portfolio of several projects.
• Experience mentoring on tools and techniques of Project Management and coaching direct reports.
• Experience with system analysis and design or infrastructure design; deployment; and support.
• Experience managing projects that have team members that are not co-located.
Typical duties include: • Tracking and documenting bug resolution efforts and trends; while highlighting positive and negative trends for future release practices. • Deriving test plans from stakeholder input and communicating the details effectively to development teams. • Coordinating across software development groups to ensure teams understand their goals and are meeting them according to agreed metrics. • Identifying and documenting successes and challenges in release cycles to improve future processes.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.