Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248169||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Develops; codes; deploys and maintains web applications and websites.
1. Provides advanced application development and technical support for customer websites.
2. May work in a consulting capacity across multiple tasks or contracts.
3. Collaborates with graphic artists to develop web page graphics that support interactive; marketing-focused content.
4. Provides technical consultation in new systems development; new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
5. Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written; then designs; codes; tests; debugs and documents programs.
6. Participates in the technical design; development; testing; implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
7. Oversees systems tests and monitors test results and corrective actions.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
10-15 years of related experience in web software development.
Primary skill set needed is Joomla. WordPress and PHP are secondary. The customer has said that if we can find a strong web developer who can learn Joomla or Wordpress that would be acceptable. I have a note into them to clarify any additional skills required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.