Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW247786||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Silver Spring||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Initiates and executes scientific research and/or development studies; Analyzes problems and applies theoretical techniques to develop solutions.
1. Analyzes problems and develops experimental or theoretical techniques for formalized engineering or scientific studies.
2. Carries out development and testing of programs on systems; components and materials concurrent with design; fabrication or testing to better evaluate and minimize future problems.
3. Plans and executes laboratory research.
4. Develops alternative solutions to existing problems.
5. Uses specialized techniques and ingenuity to select and evaluate approaches to unforeseen or unique problems.
6. Performs or delegates all detail work necessary to determine optimum solutions.
7. Evaluates proposals and makes recommendations based on sound scientific principles and practical considerations.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced Scientists and/or Technicians.
9. Prepares cost and schedule estimates and technical documents on proposed projects in assigned area.
10. Demonstrates creative ability through patent disclosures; problem solving; scientific reports or technical papers and articles.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
5-8 years of related experience in scientific research; analysis and/or engineering.
Structural Biology Scientist a. Serve as assistant investigator with scientific and technical skills for the research and development of novel medical countermeasures against wound infections. 1) Serve as technical expert in microbial physiology; pathogenesis and related virulence factors. 2) Serve as technical expert in the expression and purification of bacterial and host proteins. 3) Serve as technical expert in the determination of the molecular structure of bacterial and host proteins by X•ray crystallography or other methods. 4) Serve as technical expert in the evaluation of structure•function relationships involving bacterial; host; and small• or large•molecule countermeasures. b. Minimum qualifications; a Ph.D. in Structural Biology; Microbiology; Immunology; Molecular Biology; Biochemistry or other related scientific field. c. Minimum experience: experience beyond Ph.D. Previous experience in structural biology is required. d. Draft research protocols and grant proposals for scientific review and conduct the approved research. e. Observe; instruct and validate technician performance. f. Keep accurate and complete records of research done in accordance with QASP and contract requirements to include modifications. g. Submit reports and data summaries as requested and prepare research results for presentation and publication in the scientific literature. h. Comply with occupational health and safety standards and other applicable regulations and guidelines which may include medical surveillance. i. Attend and participate in seminars; scientific conferences; and meetings; as required. j. Alternative Bacterial Disease Branch collateral duty officer in accordance with Safety Office and other applicable guidelines; as required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.