Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW247753||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Silver Spring||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Initiates and executes scientific research and/or development studies; Analyzes problems and applies theoretical techniques to develop solutions.
1. Analyzes problems and develops experimental or theoretical techniques for formalized engineering or scientific studies.
2. Carries out development and testing of programs on systems; components and materials concurrent with design; fabrication or testing to better evaluate and minimize future problems.
3. Plans and executes laboratory research.
4. Develops alternative solutions to existing problems.
5. Uses specialized techniques and ingenuity to select and evaluate approaches to unforeseen or unique problems.
6. Performs or delegates all detail work necessary to determine optimum solutions.
7. Evaluates proposals and makes recommendations based on sound scientific principles and practical considerations.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced Scientists and/or Technicians.
9. Prepares cost and schedule estimates and technical documents on proposed projects in assigned area.
10. Demonstrates creative ability through patent disclosures; problem solving; scientific reports or technical papers and articles.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
5-8 years of related experience in scientific research; analysis and/or engineering.
The qualifications for this senior Microbiologist are: a Ph.D. degree with at least ten (10) years of experience as an investigator in bacteriophage and microbiological research. Significant experience working with infectious/pathogenic bacteria is required. Experience is necessary in genetically manipulating pathogenic organisms; testing bacteriophages in both in vitro and in vivo models and analyzing bacteriophage genome sequences Must have an excellent command of written and oral English. The demonstrated ability to write and publish in English peer review journals is required. Must have experience in and the ability to work in BSL-2 and BSL-3 environments. Must be able to integrate current scientific concepts and creatively apply them to U.S Army research objectives. Must have experience in statistics and applications of statistics to biological research. Work involves international travel at a minimum of two times annually for 5 - 10 days.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.