Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW247518||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Chesapeake||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Fabricates; tests; troubleshoots; repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment; parts; components; and systems according to engineering instructions.
1. Performs moderately complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up; operation; maintenance; modification; circuit testing; calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems; experimental design circuitry; prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics; diagrams; written and verbal instructions.
3. Conducts engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions; and makes necessary repairs.
5. Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT Requirement: Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
Contractual Requirement: High School diploma or GED. Formal electronics training from: Technical School; or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications; or four (4) year electronics
1-3 years of related experience fabricating; maintaining and repairing electronic components.
Intermediate •hands on• work experience in support of installations; repair; and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems; understand the interrelationships of circuits; and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Intermediate experience with the installation; configuration; operation; and maintenance of microwave equipment as specified in the task order. Must meet the certification requirement on the SPIN-C or individual task order.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.