Job Description |
The Contractor will conduct basic and applied research on current and emerging threats at BSL2; in support of the biodefense and infectious disease program. The Contractor will provide expertise in a range of biophysical methods supporting prophylactic and therapeutic product development.
- Contractor will perform purification; biophysical analysis and formulation studies of virus-like particles (4-8 lots per year). Biophysical analysis may include FPLC; SDS-PAGE; LPS assays; UV spectroscopy; fluorescence; Western blots; Scanning Ion Occlusion Sensing particle analysis; and dynamic light scattering.
- Contractor will develop and perform ELISA and other assays for characterization of immune responses in vaccinated subjects. Contractor will perform in vitro drug discovery experiments to include surface plasmon resonance binding studies 50-100 compounds per year. Contractor will express and isolate target proteins or antibodies as needed; 4-8 proteins per year
- Contractor will maintain an orderly laboratory environment in compliance with regulations. Contractor will coordinate ordering of supplies with division staff. Contractor will assist in training new personnel including students and other technicians.
- Contractor shall communicate to the PI or assigned supervisor(s) experimental data; laboratory or other work-related issues. Contractor shall communicate with vendors for technical support and troubleshooting.
- Contractor will assist in the preparation of technical reports; standard operating procedures; and manuscripts relating to their research efforts.
- Contractor is expected to present research findings at one scientific conference per year. Contractor will present results in written and oral format publicly and internally.
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline
- Preferred- M.S. in a relevant field of the life sciences (virology; bacteriology; immunology; molecular biology)
- 2-5 years of related experience in scientific research; analysis and/or engineering.
- Preferred- 5-8 years of related experience in a research laboratory setting
- Experience with a variety of the field's concepts; practices; and procedures is desired
- Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.