Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW247397||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Frederick||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
The contractor shall provide laboratory support with laboratory experiments in BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratories and thus must hold and maintain BPRP status; IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations. The contractor shall aid in the execution of scientific studies and plaque assays; PCR and other assays; animal procedures; collection/data analyzing; and maintain laboratory and laboratory equipment.
• BSL-3 laboratory operations and training in animal manipulations.
• Contractor shall perform in vitro Minimum Inhibition Concentration (MIC) testing of potential therapeutic compounds against Tier 1 bacteria to include Bacillis anthracis (anthrax); Yersinia pestis (plague); Fransicella tularensis (tularemia); Burkholderia mallei (glanders); and Burkholderia pseudomallei (meliodosis)
• Participate in mouse studies; which include preparation of antibiotics for administration; administering drugs and vaccines; orally and by intraparitoneal; intramuscular; subcutaneous; and intravenous bolus injections. In addition; collect animal body fluids and remove tissues with all mouse studies executed. Upon execution of experiment all contractors perform animal health exams to ensure study remains in compliance with IACUC approved protocols.
• Contractor shall participate in weekly lab meetings and assist in development and design with current and future in vitro and in vivo work. Present posters at 2 scientific conferences which may require work to be performed outside normal business hours.
• Contractor shall process bacterial spore harvests and purifications and complete spore characterization assays
• Contractor shall complete spore germination assays; spore secondary decontamination assays; and spore removal assays
• Contractor shall perform animal challenges and bacterial challenge preparations
• Contractor shall complete bacterial burdens in organ tissue
• Contractor shall perform Luminex Cytokine Analyses
• Contractor shall perform Macrophage phagocytosis assays
• Contractor shall conduct ELISAs
• Contractor shall perform Animal Necropsies
• Contractor shall process animal gavage and animal blood collections
• Contractor shall complete DNA chromosomal preparations; PCR reactions; and Agar gel analysis
• Contractor shall conduct molecular cloning experiments and run sequencing reactions
• Contractor shall perform BSL-3 live/dead assays
• Contractor shall run protein gels and western blots
• Contractor assist with ordering of supplies and equipment
• Contractor shall maintain laboratories in BSL-2 and BSL-3
• Contractor shall perform BSAT Inventory Management weekly.
• Contractor shall conduct Equipment Inventory Management twice a year in BSL-2 and BSL-3
• Contractor shall perform monthly Laboratory Management to include safety functions and chemical inventory.
Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
Masters Degree desired.
2-5 years of related experience in scientific research; analysis and/or engineering.
Experience and skill with a large variety of the field's concepts; practices; and procedures is desired
Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.