Job Description |
A rewarding career opportunity that calls for deductive reasoning; applied logic; the ability to learn and understanding Application transactions; then make a determination of the activity; based on indicators. Stories of stolen personal identifiable information (PII) being used for nefarious activity are becoming more rampant in today's news; and Federal government is not exempt. Candidate must be able to work and operate on a fixed (non-rotating) eight and a half (8.5) hours shift; that covers 24x7x365 (including weekends & holidays); to assist in the identification of potentially fraudulent transactions that occur during online sessions. Fraud analyst will be responsible for observing various customer transactions to flag or identify suspicious activity. Most transaction patterns typically do not deviate; so any transactions or series of transactions that do not fit the expected activity generate an 'alert'; and will be analyzed. If any suspicious transactions are found; the fraud analyst will document the indicators it flagged on; and articulate the reason why these transactions are being reported; in an escalation reporting process.
- Identify fraudulent activity based on transaction data that occurs in a near real-time monitoring capability
- Candidate must be able to recognize patterns to detect approximate IP classes; clusters; or patterns of suspicious behavior either automatically or matching known indicator inputs
- Candidate must be able to contribute to the continuous monitoring capability; and offer innovative approaches to combat emerging fraudulent activity
- Perform near real-time analysis of events and execute notifications and escalations within an outlined timeframe of event occurrence
- Be able to contribute to ongoing mitigation strategies; based on the knowledge acquired while working in the operational environment
- Ability to problem solve with very little initial information; work through deductive reasoning techniques to make a determination; ability to clearly articulate findings to mitigation team
- Review and respond to near real-time transaction events on a 24x7x365 basis; and coordinate events of interest with other business units; law enforcement; & 3rd parties
- Document status of requests and provide regular updates to meet management expectations
- Progressive experience within the IT field
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP
- Confident and effective communication skills regarding security concerns; issues and events
- Working knowledge and applied experience with Microsoft operating system and applications
- Comprehensive oral and electronic communications ability to effectively communicate with other watch standers and Senior Executives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business; Data Modeling; Computer Science; Psychology; Information Systems Security; Economics and Finance; Information Assurance; Mathematics or Statistics
- 1-3 years of working in a 24x7x365 Operational environment
- 1-3 years of professional Fraud Analytics or Risk Analysis
Education or Equivalent Experience/Certification or specialized training desired:
- 3-5 year of professional experience performing Fraud Analytics
Candidate MUST be a US Citizen and have the ability to pass a Tax check; and obtain a Minimal Background Investigation (MBI). This position is for a 12 hour Night Shift; the candidate will be required to work from 6pm - 6am EST.
- Previously worked in a 24x7x365 high tempo operational environment performing incident and event handling
- Types of experience in identifying and responding to the following: o Online banking fraud transactions o Fraudulent medical claims o Online gambling fraud o Fraudulent online purchase transactions
- Basic understanding of responding to event alerts in any type of correlation tool (e.g. ArcSight; Splunk; etc)
- Selfless team player willing to assist others; and openly receive professional direction
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.