Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW247262||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Analyzes; administers; and maintains telecommunications systems.
1. Analyze and troubleshoot LAN/WAN Networks.
2. Identify and design telecommunications solutions for large-scale Wide Area Network (WAN) communications systems to include network management and security solutions. Provide guidance and consultation to others in a team environment regarding communication system theories of operation and design trade-offs.
3. Develop project documentation using Visio; Powerpoint; or other network modeling tools for the various customer projects that identify the physical and logical aspects of the network.
4. Research telecommunications technology to determine solutions to project applications.
1. Evaluates; analyzes; administers and maintains voice; data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Manages installation of equipment.
5. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
6. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
10-15 years of hands-on experience with LAN/WAN network systems and technologies.
Solid understanding of WAN technologies and protocols.
Position is in Herndon and requires a TS/SCI with Poly. Hands-on experience with network security systems; modeling software; protocol analysis and troubleshooting is a preferred. Hands-on experience with any of the following systems: DWDM; SDH/SONET; IP Routers and switches; VOIP; PSTN Networks/Switches; GSM/CDMA; Microwave and Satellite communications.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.