Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW246962||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Enters data into automated systems and performs related administrative duties. 1. Responsible for input and verification of data into automated systems. 2. Reviews source documents for accuracy of input data. 3. Generates; reviews; and distributes complex reports. 4. May be responsible for integrity of certain database information. 5. Investigates questionable data and takes corrective action when necessary. 6. Maintains files and other related records. 7. Performs other administrative duties as needed. 8. May provide guidance and training to less-experienced Database Assistants. 9. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires an Associate's Degree from an accredited college; although a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems; Computer Science; Engineering; a Mathematics- intensive discipline; or a similar field is preferred.
• At least one year of experience in a database administration role performing Tier 1 level support.
• Professional certifications from Microsoft; Oracle; or equivalents.
• Database modeling and implementation.
• User interface development and user experience.
• Ability to produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making.
• Knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language; such as Java; C++; or .NET.
• Microsoft Office application skills; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
Typical duties include: • Managing; monitoring and maintaining databases • Approving requested changes; updates and modifications to database structure and data • Ensuring database integrity; stability and system availability • Approving solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.