Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW246959||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Supervises employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas.
1. Supervises employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas including personal computer/client server support; systems programming; applications design and development; database design and administration; information security; telecommunications and network support and administration.
2. Supervises non-exempt technicians as well as exempt professionals.
3. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
4. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
5. May also perform complex IT tasks.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work experience.
Five or more years of operations and support experience plus three or more years of experience in a managerial role.
Typical duties include: • Managing the daily operations of a firm•s help desk and support services • Managing staff; including hiring; training; scheduling work assignments and conducting evaluations • Monitoring response times; evaluating user satisfaction levels and making recommendations for improvement • Evaluating and managing technical support systems hardware and software and making recommendations regarding upgrades or changes • Negotiating; writing and reporting on internal and external service-level agreements
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.