|Job Ref:||RW246953||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
4. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
5. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
7. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
8. Serves as a technical team or task lead.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
11. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters degree preferred.
5-8 years of related systems architecture experience with Network (LAN / WAN / VoIP / Wireless) technologies.
Typical duties include: • Assessing business and applications requirements for systems • Planning; designing and upgrading systems installation projects • Establishing and maintaining backup; version-control and viral defense systems • Troubleshooting network architecture and making recommendations for system fixes and enhancements • Making recommendations for leveraging systems installations and reducing operational costs
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.