Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW246916||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Writes technical copy for various operation and maintenance manuals and prepares related technical documentation.
1. Researches and compiles technical data for use in various operation and maintenance manuals; training materials; installation guides; and other technical documentation.
2. Obtains data from review of documentation; drawings; schematics; and reports; interviews with technical staff; and the study of published material.
3. Prepares written text and coordinates layout and organization of materials according to prepared outlines and specifications.
4. Proofreads material prepared by other technical writers.
5. May provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical writers.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in English; journalism or information sciences.
3-5 years of experience in a technical setting.
Typical duties include: • Documenting the specifications; design; features; and operation of applications • Writing and editing user manuals; help systems and other technical documents • Designing and formatting documents using document-creation software • Interviewing developers and other technical resource personnel to ensure the accuracy of all information presented
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.