Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW246901||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Mechanicsburg||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
1. Plans; develops; tests; and documents highly complex applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects; converts; and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures; identify problems; and document specific requirements.
5. Leads staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users manuals; product specifications; and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products; analyzes test results; and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses; findings; and project progress; and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
8. Serves as a customer interface to ensure problems are resolved and requirements are met in a timely manner.
9. Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer programming experience.
Desired knowledge; skills and certifications: 1. Current knowledge of the technology; methodology; and techniques employed to address complex problems encountered in the development and implementation of information systems; particularly web-based systems; and awareness of best development practices; especially those involving security concerns such as cross-site scripting; buffer overflows; SQL injections; etc. 2. Current knowledge/ability to develop Java; Java server pages; Java script; HTML and SQL. 3. Working knowledge of Oracle Database structures/capabilities (at a minimum Oracle 11g level); PL/SQL; and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). Familiarity with Oracle WebCenter Interaction (WCI) (formerly known as PlumTree) portal integration software; IIS; Apache Tomcat; and the use of an LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) to identify system user attributes. 4. Possession of; or the ability to obtain within 180 days of employment start; a Security+ certification. The work will normally be performed during normal business hours; but may require on-call support at other times either at work location or remotely to address urgent program problems.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.