Job Description |
General Dynamics IT has openings for a Senior Tier 1 Technician (Second Shift) to support USDA FSIS in Columbia; MD.
The role requires an individual capable of identifying; researching; and resolving complex technical problems. The individual must create and manage escalation procedures and ensure service levels are maintained. The individual must also document; track; and monitor problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Research new technologies and software upgrades to workstations/servers for familiarity to include current technological developments
- Develop and document Tier 1/2 policy and support as it relates to Service Desk operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier 1/2 & 3 trouble tickets related to advanced and connectivity issues for the FSIS/USDA
- Handle customer escalations as requested
- Send all user messages as requested
- Coordinate 3rd party support efforts to restore connectivity issues in remote locations
- Resolve Network switch and connectivity issues
- Collaborate with development staff to recreate problems in the test environment
- Verify with the end-user that the issue(s) has been resolved and update the ticketing system with triage/resolution specifics
- Actively contribute to on-going process improvement
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Strong technical and analytical skills; with solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems
- Must excel in a fast-paced; agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advise and educate end-users on procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical issue
- Identify unique or recurring customer/technical problems and provide input to management to prevent recurrence
- Travel onsite to customer locations as required and/or requested
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- Certifications in ITIL; PMP; MCP; CCNA; Security +; Network+ or equivalent experience are a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting advanced connectivity issues; to include UTN; DSL; EVDO and BlackBerry Tethering
- Strong communication; interpersonal and analytical skills
- Reliable employment history with strong attendance and punctuality records
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to the FSIS/USDA end-user base
- Strong knowledge of MS operating systems and applications; specifically Windows XP and VPN
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work days/nights; weekends and select holidays as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate must have a strong sense of ownership; initiative and professionalism
- Knowledge of Outlook/Exchange; VPN and wireless technologies
- Ability to work independently; as well as; in a team environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies; with a good writing standard in order to convey technical direction.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize; multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.