Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW246282||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Odenton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Maintains the integrity; security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery; performance analysis and tuning; index maintenance; and monitoring of NA maintains; develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle; SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
1. Maintain the integrity; security; and availability of database(s)
2. Administer; maintain; and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
3. Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
4. Establish and maintain database user accounts
5. Perform disaster recovery; performance analysis and tuning; index maintenance; and monitoring of data
6. Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
7. Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
8. Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
9. Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle. SQL Server; and SYBASE
10. Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Five (5) years experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope; type; and complexity is required.
• A current TS/SCI security clearance W/ Polygraph is required This position is located at Ft Meade; MD MDO
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.