Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW246278||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Odenton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
The Information Systems Security Engineer shall perform; or review; technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability; non-compliance with established Information Assurance (lA) standards and regulations; and recommend mitigation strategies. Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs; develops; implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking; computing; and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds lA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning; assessment; risk analysis; risk management; certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation; providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content. Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of lA (confidentiality; integrity; nonï¿½-repudiation; availability; and access control); and security testing. Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process; the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process. and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Participates as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design;
development; implementation and/or integration of secure networking; computing; and enclave
2. Participates as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design; development; implementation and/or integration of l A architectures; systems; or system components.
3. Participates as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design; development; implementation; evaluation; and/or integration of secure networking; computing; and enclave environments
4. Participates as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design; development; implementation; evaluation; and/or integration of IA architectures; systems; or system components
5. Supports the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
6. Applies knowledge of lA policy; procedures; and workforce structure to design; develop; and implement secure networking; computing; and enclave environments
7. Supports security planning; assessment; risk analysis; and risk management
8. Identifies overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data
9. Interacts with the customer and other project team members
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Information Assurance; Information Security System Engineering; or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree. DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Systems Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level 2 is required.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Seven (7) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope; type; and complexity within the Federal Government required.
• A current TS/SCI security clearance W/ Polygraph is required This position is located at Ft Meade; MD MDO
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.