Job Description |
General Dynamics Information Technology is pursuing candidates for an imminent proposal award opportunity for Training Services programs. GDIT's training organization is an award-winning team with a national reputation for enterprise training programs. GDIT learning professionals are thought leaders responsible for innovative training designs and learning strategies to a variety of customers. GDIT's proven processes and expertise empowers our designers; artists; developers and subject matter experts and contributes to GDIT's effectiveness in creating consistently high-quality products for customers.
We are currently seeking several experienced Lead Security Training & Integration Analysts to join this team.
The selected candidates will:
- Exhibit an understanding of the training development process.
- Provide TSA subject matter input to our team of instructional designers.
- Provide input into the design of instructional approaches and/or strategies.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Helps to update course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Review and provide feedback on training materials.
- Support research; development; operations; and process improvement.
- Apply unique skills; knowledge; insight and capability to solve complex problems.
- Take direction from Project Managers as required.
- Maintain high levels of self-motivation; demonstrating reliability in a consistent level of job performance; and working within established project budgets and schedules.
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees; including evaluating the content of their training presentations and programs.
- Exhibit versatile interpersonal and communication skills that enable successful internal and external interaction in a variety of modes including face-to-face meetings; phone calls; phone conferences; virtual meetings; and written communication.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
This position is based from the candidate's home. Must have suitable home office and reliable internet connectivity. Some domestic travel required. Must have three or more of the following areas of TSA expertise:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Expertise in Checkpoint Screening Training including all associated policies and procedures.
- Expertise in Checked Baggage Screening Training including all associated policies and procedures.
- Expertise in Technology/Equipment and Technology/Equipment Training including all associated policies; procedures; and OEM Training.
- Collaborative and Tactical Communications; Critical Thinking Skills; Conflict Resolution; Leadership; Teambuilding and Command Presence.