|Job Ref:||2016-14989||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Wallops Island||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Five (5) years experience in Navy combat systems tactical computer systems and networks; be certified as a Maintenance Person in accordance with PQS 301; reference NAVEDTRA 43241-K. Demonstrated experience assessing; troubleshooting; performing corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance; and performing system administrator duties on Navy combat systems; tactical computer systems; and networks.
Requires Information Assurance Technicians (IAT) Level 2 or higher with certification in current Networking Technologies; Operating Systems or Information Security (as per DoD Directive 8570) & an IT-1 level clearance per SECNAV M-5510.30.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.