Job Description |
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. Primary responsibility will be deploying Windows 10 operation systems as part of GDIT's deployment team.
Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Assists in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Travel - 75%
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through using established procedures ensuring all actions taken are documented in the assigned ticket
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up step
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Resolves all tickets assigned and works them IAW the Agency's ticket handling process
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for all approved applications on the Agency's desktop
- Interact with network services, datacenter or business applications groups to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems
- Creates knowledge base articles for use by IT professionals and customer base
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Associate's Degree preferred.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required.
- Current MCSE or MCITP certifications required
- (Desired) Experience deploying Windows Operating systems (Windows 10 desired)
- Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 2008 Server and experience working in a complex Windows Enterprise.
- Previous experience with classified system administration and crypto devices.
- Experience with HBSS
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
The Intermediate Desktop Support Specialist is designated an IT-II / IAT Level 2 position. Required Certification: Certified (MCITP or MCSE) will be required to participate and certify as directed in the DoD Directive 8570.) Information Assurance Training Certification and Workforce Management and the DoD Manual 8570.1M, Information Workforce Improvement Program. Proof of certification must be from a nationally recognized and accepted source
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.