Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW245767||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Missouri||City:||Kansas City||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
1. Designs and codes software components; units; and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Education/Equivalent Training Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Unique/Additional Requirements: 1. Comprehensive knowledge of software engineering principles; methods; processes and techniques. 2. Knowledge of the associated hardware; software; and equipment. 3. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required; depending on job assignment. Knowledge of the following platforms; languages and technologies is required: COGNOS 10.2.1; Oracle 11g • 184.108.40.206;Oracle RAC;Oracle 11G client Web Logic 12.1.1; Java; Python JVM 6; SQL Developer; PL/SQL developer; IntelliJ 11; PLSQL Developer; SVN Tortoise; super putty; putty; WinSCP; xming; Notepad ++; Araxis Merge; KeePass; GIMP 2; 7-zip Cobol; Cobol2; ActivePerl 5.10.1; Bash scripting (shell scripting) Must be familiar with: CMMI Maturity Level III processes Knowledge of the following systems is desired: Marine Corps Financial Integrated Analysis System (MCFIAS) SABRS Management Analysis Retrieval Tool System (SMARTS) Program Budget Documentation Database (PBDD) Civilian Personnel Information Management System (CPIMS) Unfunded Priority List (UPL); Current Year Deficiency (CYD) Database PORTAL Management Reports (Mgt Rpts).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.