Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW245554||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||-||City:||Doha||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
This position is a 48 hour workweek.
Performs installation; maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs; maintains and repairs voice; data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs; rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders; circuit diagrams; and electrical schematics.
4. Tests; locates; and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls; and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
1-3 years of related telecommunications experience. Intermediate •hands on• work experience in support of installations; repair; and troubleshooting or maintenance of telecommunications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems; understand the interrelationships of circuits; and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment. Intermediate experience in maintenance/troubleshooting telecommunications equipment as specified in the specified task order to include the following:
• Nortel SL-100
• Meridian I/Succession 1000 Family of Switches
• AVAYA AURA AS-5300 and associated Voice Over Internet Protocol Equipment
• End office telephone switches
• Must have switch certification on Nortel SL-100 or Meridian I/Succession 1000 family of switches and/or completed Avaya Professional Credential Program. Must have experience working with switches of interface Inter-Switch Trunks (ISTs) from DoD and comm
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.