Job Description |
S/he will plan; conduct; and complete investigations under the supervision of the lead of the project. S/he will participate in all aspects of research including data collection; organization; literature reviews; structured interviews; analysis and interpretation of basic data and will assist with the preparation of technical reports; summaries; and protocols.
- Plans; conducts; and completes investigations under the supervision of the head of the project.
- Participates in data collection and organization; literature reviews; structured interviews; provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
- Assists with the preparation of technical reports; summaries; and protocols.
- Maintains clear and accurate records; inventories and logbooks.
- Verifies and corrects data entry for research projects; supports senior staff in quality control and provides trouble shooting.
- Provides written updates to senior staff.
Non Primary Responsibilities:
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
- Master's Degree in a scientific degree preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with a Psychology degree or focus.
- Must have past or current Human Subjects experience.
- 2 years of related experience in scientific research and analysis.
- 2-4 years' experience in research required. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques.
- Ability to follow general instructions; work in a team; good communication; writing and analytical skills; familiarity with social science research methodology is required.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required. S/he must adhere to legal; professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to carry light items up to 25 lbs. May encounter patients who are confused; agitated; or abusive.
- Office and clinical environment.
- Must be available to travel locally; regionally and nationally.