Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW245079||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Illinois||City:||O'Fallon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Operate a server and network operations and maintenance program that provides program management; systems administration; maintenance; computer security; and support for an environment consisting of multiple enclaves and classification levels. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Typical duties include;
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
DOD IAT Certification Required
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Proven ability to operate and maintain items such as servers (physical and virtual); firmware; operating systems (e.g.; Microsoft Windows; Red Hat Linux; and Solaris); and associated application software.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate capability to work on IT projects with a workforce of 200 personnel. TS/SCI clearance preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.