Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW245078||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Illinois||City:||O'Fallon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Ensures system availability and reliability for all SQL; Web; network monitoring; and portal servers supporting USTRANSCOM locations. Systems to be maintained are on SIPRNet; and NIPRNet networks. The Web Application and Support Lead prepares reports on status; outage; and performance of current systems and provides impact assessments of new systems. The Web Application and Support Lead will be responsible for managing portal administrators; graphics designer; content management personnel; system administrators; Web developers; and database developers/architects. Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Typical duties include;
1. Designs; develops; codes; tests; and debugs complex new software products; or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies; product specifications; development schedules; and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses; findings; and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
DOD IAT Certification Required
8-10 years of related software development experience.
Experience leading a team
At a minimum possess ITIL Foundations certification
Broad understanding of information technology principles; concepts; and techniques including software languages; design concepts; test methods; and integration practices
Extensive knowledge; experience and planning skills in the area of system integration testing; Web application development and networks; such as those described in this PWS.
Ability to analyze requirements and ensure the capture of business processes
Experience with software test and evaluation plans
Experience providing support gathering; documenting; testing; and deploying of Web content
Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques; a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design; and experience with Web database solutions definite assets
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.