Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW245075||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Illinois||City:||O'Fallon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Provides expertise in areas of local area and wide area IP-based networks (LAN and WAN). He/she will provide advanced technical analyses of automation challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to the needs of the Command; ensure information exchange and prevent duplication of effort; recommend and provide procedures; policies; and technical solutions to HQ USTRANSCOM C4S challenges. He/she will participate in the planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades and provide a technical point of contact for all matters related to the contractor's C4S efforts. Tasks could include;
1. Manages the administration and support of complex local and wide area networks.
2. Supervises assigned staff; which may include subordinate supervisors; in support of company/customers networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
3. Directs staff in recognizing; identifying; isolating; and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects network support resource requirements; including personnel; software; equipment; and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation; testing; and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
DOD IAT Certification Required
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
At a minimum possess applicable intermediate ITIL certification (e.g.; Service Operations; Service Transition; Operational Support and Analysis (OSA))
Be CISCO Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Have extensive experience managing operational networks in diverse environment
Experience with WAN troubleshooting/problem determination skills (Integrated Services Digital network (ISDN); Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM); Synchronous Optical Network (SONET))
Experience management gateways and Domain Name Services (DNS)
Have experience using Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Configuration Manager; CISCO Network Analysis Modules) LAN troubleshooting/problem determination skills (Ethernet; Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP); Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP); Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)) CISCO firewall/Virtual Private Network (VPN) equipment; Adaptive Security Appliance; CISCO Aggregation Service Routers (ASR); and Virtual Switching Systems (VSS) IP services; e.g.; IP; Multicast; Quality of Service (QOS); and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Ideal candidate will demonstrate capability to work on IT projects with a workforce of 200 personnel. TS/SCI clearance preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.