|Job Ref:||RW245007||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Suitland||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Researches; monitors and analyzes intelligence data and makes recommendations based on that data.
1. Provides analysis and research for national security; infrastructure; technology; country; geographic area; biographic and targeted vulnerability.
2. Prepares assessments of current threats and trends based on the sophisticated collection; research and analysis of classified and open source information.
3. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operational success.
4. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. May serve as technical team or task leader.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related experience supporting intelligence operations.
The Image Scientist provides imagery analyst support. Duties include: • Support to include exploitation of spectral; radiometric; thermal; LIDAR or other newly developed geospatial sensor data; production and production integration of layered products and creation of simulation of 2D and 3D models • Provide exploitation in support of Naval exercises and Fleet Battle Experiments • Develop standard operating procedure (SOP) documents for each exploitation technique; methodology or procedure. • Train analysts on each exploitation technique and methodology developed and the tasking; collection. processing; exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) process • Travel to ashore and afloat naval and joint service commands; GEOINT related trade shows and conferences • Participate in tests; demonstrations and proof of concept exercises related to new GEOINT fusion exploitation techniques. • Document all activity and provide final results of tests and demonstrations; including recommendations on utility of application to maritime analysis. Requirements: TS/SCI eligibility At least 5 years of significant applied experience in a geospatial analysis field that includes the use of current GI&S tools; methods of research and analysis; application of cartographic principles; or work related to Cartography; Geography; Geographic Information Systems; Remote Sensing; Physical Science; Mathematics; Statistics; or a related discipline. At least 5 years of experience working with three or more of the following data sources: panchromatic; radar; infrared; multi-spectral; hyper-spectral; LIDAR; Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and other specialized collection systems or tactical sensor data. Demonstrated experience using three or more of the following imagery and Geospatial Information systems or tools: ESRI ArcGIS; ENVI; NSG Exploitation Services (NES); Washington Area Library Architecture (WALA); Imagery Exploitation Capability (IEC); National Geospatial Data Services (NGDS); Remote View; ERDAS; Socet GXP and other associated tools. Graduated from an academic program that focuses on geospatial intelligence; imagery science; remote sensing or geospatial information systems. At least 5 years of experience exploiting and extracting science based intelligence from images. Experience in interdisciplinary science and engineering projects.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.