|Job Ref:||RW243877||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Rhode Island||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Fabricates; installs; maintains; and repairs electronic; mechanical; and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; troubleshoots; modifies; constructs and tests various types of electrical; electronic; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve moderately complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Applicants should know how to work with RF/Microwave Network Analyzers; Spectrum Analyzers; RF Signal Generators; Power Meters; and similar diagnostic equipment.
5. Proficiency with hand tools and soldering of electronic connections or components.
6. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
7. May provide operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
8. Performs preventative maintenance.
9. Ability to interpret and work from test specifications; diagrams; assembly drawings and schematics.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
Knowledge of the principles; methods; and techniques used in the installing; maintaining; and servicing of electrical/electronic/mechanical equipment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.