Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW243665||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||Renton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
GENERAL SUMMARY: Develops and maintains scheduling for construction projects per the direction of Project Management and Construction Superintendents.
1. Ensures effective schedule optimization through appropriate sequencing and prioritization of work and/or materials.
2. Works closely with the estimators of the proposals during the bidding/estimating phase and develops well-defined and properly-sequenced work activities.
3. Prepares and maintains accurate; standardized estimates and applicable timelines for various construction and renovation projects.
4. Coordinates and monitors construction project activities and expenditures as it relates to the estimate and project timeline.
5. Works closely with Construction Superintendents and clients.
6. Prepares reports on the progress of construction projects. Ensures that assignments and scheduling of work follows company policy.
7. Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of construction projects.
8. Assists in observation and inspection of construction projects under engineering and construction jurisdiction to assure conformance with plans and specifications.
9. May perform technical and professional civil engineering work in the field and office.
10. Participates in special projects as required..
Requires BS/BA degree.
Requires 2-5 years experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: 1. Knowledge working knowledge of construction activities; including purchasing; materials; production processes and engineering. 2. Effective administrative and organizational skills. WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work requires moderate physical effort in the handling of light materials; tools or equipment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.