Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW243713||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Springfield||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Develops training that teaches students to research; monitor and analyze geospatial data and make recommendations based on that analysis.
1. Provides formal classroom instruction on analysis and research for customers in national security; infrastructure; technology; environmental management; geographic analysis; biographic and targeted vulnerability areas.
2. Instructs on the preparation of assessments of current threats and trends based on the sophisticated collection; research and analysis of GIS data and other spatial information.
3. Develops and maintains course material related to GIS analytical procedures to enable successful students to perform GIS functions at a specific level.
4. Collects course data using a combination of standard methods and business processes.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Geography; GIS or related field; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training; or work/military experience.
0-2 years of related experience supporting GIS operations.
Able to develop and deliver course materials and subject matter to a group of students in a formal classroom setting. Able to develop curriculum material in order to improve course delivery and experience. Able to adhere to standard practices of formal learning and curriculum development; sustainment and delivery. Able to perform in stressful environments.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.