|Job Ref:||RW242865||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Ohio||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
The Senior Construction Manager / Market Operations Lead will lead/manage construction activities for the Fiber to the Home Project (FTTH) for all build out phases
• Manages; directly and through subordinate supervisors; the activities of workers engaged in multiple construction functional areas
• Attend site meetings with infrastructure and right of way owners on a weekly basis. Prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
• Coordinates all construction activities and ensures schedules are being met.
• Assigns tasks to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
• Ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with contract documents and engineering/constructions plans and specifications
• Work closely with the Logistics Support Manager to ensure materials are ordered; received; and controlled in accordance with the established Logistics Support Plan
• Assist with ensuring the Staffing Plan is being accomplished in a timely and efficient manner
• Work closely with the Construction Manager to ensure Quality Control; Safety and Field Supervision activities are coordinated with GDIT team members and adequate personnel coverage is available to oversee subcontractor work crew activities
• Maintain a master copy of all State; City; County; Local and Subcontractor acquired work permits
• Assist with Construction Plan development; work oversight and ensuring the work site is maintained in a safe; efficient; and professional manner
• Notify the Market Manager of any needed changes (e.g.; CCPs; additional customer requirements; etc.)
• Maintain a daily log (as required) of events to include telephone conversations; meetings; site review notes; and any other pertinent information related to assigned tasks and projects.
• Establish and maintain positive communications with all Customer agencies; subcontractors and installation team members.
• Resolve subcontractor conflicts on site; promote teamwork.
• Encourage good customer and subcontractor relations with a positive; cooperative attitude.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
10-12 years of related construction experience; including supervisory experience.
If the activities/responsibilities of this position require the incumbent to use a personal; rented; leased; or a company owned vehicle to drive on behalf of GDIT; the candidate's driving record will be reviewed and will be used in assessing suitability for placement. Such activities/responsibilities include: Driving to; from; and/or between work sites or business locations; driving to/from customer/vendor meetings; driving to transport or retrieve documents to/from customer/vendors or any place of business; or; driving in conducting office errands where running errands is a part of the customary activities/responsibilities of the position.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.