Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW242566||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Arlington||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Required Skills & Experience: 1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience engineering mobile or content management technology on iPads; Windows; or Android tablets. 2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience installing; configuring; and maintaining MySQL; Oracle; and SQL Server database systems. 3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with infrastructure automation through shell scripting to include duplication of databases; synchronization databases; extraction of data sets; and data conversion. 4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with database design and engineering to include disk optimization; data loading; and capacity planning for both server and mobile devices. 5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with server builds to include providing technical configuration and installation services for application projects. 6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Linux and Windows operating systems. 7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing computing services in an enterprise IT infrastructure. 8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience identifying technology gaps in current capabilities and processes. Desired Skills & Experience: 1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience securing databases to comply with security policies. 2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with AWS to include knowledge of processes and procedures that enable entry into the Cloud. 3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience writing and defending database baseline documentation for security accreditation. 4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience resolving complex hardware and software compatibility and interface design issues. 5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working independently and managing multiple task assignments. 6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience establishing and defining system engineering standards and guidelines. 7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience configuring embedded and portable databases (such as SQL Server Express or Oracle Database Lite) to synch with enterprise database systems. 8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with AirWatch's containerization security feature.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.