Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW242564||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Arlington||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Required Skills & Experience: 1). Experience in system administration for one of the following operating systems: Linux; UNIX; Windows 2). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading data storage systems; including one or more of the following: FAS6200; FAS3200; V-Series 3). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading NetApp OnCommand Management Software; including two or more of the following: OnCommand System Manager; OnCommand Unified Manager; SnapManager Software; OnCommand Insight; Virtual Storage Console for VMware vSphere 4). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading storage operating systems; including one or more of the following: NetApp Data ONTAP 8.x+; Data ONTAP 7-Mode 5). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and monitor NetApp storage system using CLI (command line interface) 6). Demonstrated ability to configure; provision; and manage raw and logical storage (LUNS; Aggregates; Volumes (FlexVols) 7). Demonstrated ability to create Snapshot; SnapMirror; SnapVault; and FlexClone copies for backup or other purposes: asynchronous; synchronous; and semi-synchronous 8). Demonstrated ability to and manage an efficient and resilient data backup strategy using NetApp backup and replication tools using best practices 9). Demonstrated ability to map a Fibre Channel initiator to a FCoE NetApp target 10). Experience installing; configuring; and managing Brocade or Cisco Fibre Channel (FC) SAN switches 11). Experience and/or knowledge of converged Ethernet; Data Center Bridging (DCB); and FCoE 12). Experience with and/or knowledge of configuring a converged network adapter and unified target adapters for additional IP-based protocols 13). Demonstrated experience with Symantec NetBackup for StorageTek tape archiving Desired Skills & Experience: 1). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading storage technologies: NetApp SANtricity 10.x; NetApp E-Series (E2600 Series; E5400 Series); Hitachi 2). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading storage virtualization components for VMware technologies: VMware vSphere; VMware vCenter 5.x 3). Demonstrated ability to configure; provision; and manage non-NetApp storage devices via NetApp 4). Desired Certifications: NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA); and/or NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.