Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW242562||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Arlington||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
Required Skills & Experience: 1). Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems. 2). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading in one or more of the following operating systems: - One or more: Windows 2008 R2+; Windows 2012; Windows 7 - One or more: CentOS 5.x; Solaris 10.x 3). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading directory technologies; including one or more of the following: Microsoft Active Directory 2008 R2+; Oracle (Sun) Directory Server 5.x 4). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading McAfee Antivirus 5). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading virtualization technologies; including two or more of the following: VMware vSphere 5.x; VMware vCenter 5.x; VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.6+; VMware View 5.x Premier Desired Skills & Experience: 1). Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading the following technologies; including one or more of the follwing: VMware vCloud Director 5.x; VMware Chargeback 2.5+; VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.1+; VMware IT Business Management Suite 7.5+; VMware vCloud Networking and Security 5.1+; VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.x; vCenter Configuration Manager 5.6+; VMware vCenter Infrastructure Navigator 2.0+; VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 5.x; Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ 2). Desired Certifications: CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent Linux Certification; VMware VCP5-DV (Datacenter Virtualization); VMware VCP5; VMware VCAP5-DCA (Datacenter Administration); and/or VMware VCP-Cloud
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.