Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW242535||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Responsible for the design and development of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Required Skills & Experience: 1. Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading network technologies: o Cisco IOS; NX-OS o Cisco Nexus Series Virtual Switch (1110-x; 1000v) o Cisco Nexus Series Fabric Extenders (2248; Cisco B22HP) o Cisco Nexus Series Access Switches (5548; 5548UP; 5596UP; 3048) o Cisco Nexus Series Aggregation Switches (7004; 7009) o Cisco Catalyst 6509 o Cisco ACE Module o Cisco Management - four or more (Cisco DCNM; Cisco Prime Infrastructure; Cisco NGA 3240; Network Analysis Module Appliance) o Cisco UCS - UCS Manager; UCS Interface Adapters o Network Convergence Unified Fabric; FC; FCoE; Ethernet o Fabric Extension Technologies (Cisco FEX and VM-FEX; Fabric Interconnects) 2. Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading network monitoring: o SolarWinds 3. Experience installing; configuring; managing; and upgrading network virtualization components for VMware technologies: o VMware vSphere; VMware vCenter 5.x Desired Skills and Experience: 1. CCNA; CCNA DC; CCNP DC; and/or CCIE DC certification(s) Pager duty may be required for this position.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.