Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW242458||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Fayetteville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
As a recognized authority; evaluates; designs; documents; installs; implements; tests; performs problem isolation and resolution; monitors; tunes and sets standards. Maintains a complex range of computer network components and systems. Plans and coordinates major information technology initiatives. Researches; evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies. Utilizes monitoring; performance analysis; network management; software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems; gauge network performance and trace data and protocol activity. Devises solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages. Provides internal consulting; technical guidance; information and support to application developers; computer operations; workstation support; company management and departmental clients. Assists in internal training programs. Meets regularly with other network team leads to plan and coordinate efforts; resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
• 10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
• CCIE certification (Routing and Switching) required
• DoD 8570 certified required (Security +)
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
• Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations
• Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex networking problems
• Excellent communication skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
• May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
• Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
• Can offer effective solutions that are also practical within system and budget constraints
• Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
• Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
• Reviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modifications
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.