Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW242195||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Missouri||City:||St. Louis||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
• - Focus will be on Requirements Analysis; Development and Implementation
• Engineer and implement solutions for Projects based on customer Change Requests
• Serve as the technical representative for assigned projects.
• Provide recommendations on newly submitted actions items.
• Coordinate issues with the appropriate owners/organizations.
• Provide concurrence on decisions or recommendations by assigned suspense.
• Elicit requirements using interviews; document analysis; surveys; site visits; scenarios; business analysis and test/workflow analysis.
• Write requirement specs according to standard templates.
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements.
• Represent requirements using alternative views; such as analysis models (diagrams).
• Perform requirement analysis and verification; ensuring requirement statements are complete; consistent; concise; comprehensible; traceable; feasible; unambiguous; and they conform to standards.
• Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the review process.
• Identify requirement errors and defects; and write response statements to appropriate owners/organizations.
• An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several hardware/software development life cycles in a team environment.
• Knowledge of product management concepts and how Enterprise network products are positioned and implemented.
• Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
• Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity; performance and reliability of the network.
• Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance; standardization and industry best practices
• Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures; ensures compliance with all Government policies.
• Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
• - Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
• Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
• Network design and engineering (Advanced Level)
• Creation of network related Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) equipment lists and costing
• Ability to estimate labor needed to complete planning; engineering; procurement; and installation of complex Enterprise Transport solutions
• Understanding of DISA and IC standards and processes
• Excellent writing and communication skills; including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
• Interpersonal skills; to help negotiate priorities
• Proficient is MS Office suite ï¿½ Visio; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and Project
• Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
• Ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph.
• May need to deploy in support of U.S. contingency operations; up to 180 days.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
• Technical experience in Network and Transport technologies; tools; and techniques - Experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment - Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.