Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW242197||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Reston||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
• A current Component Mission Administrator (CMA) or had a previous CMA account within the last 4 years. • Excellent customer service consulting and desktop diagnostic skills. • Working knowledge of specialized corporate and business applications (ESMT; AADS; EARRS; etc.) • Current Account Administrator (ADM) or had a previous ADM account within the last 4 years. • Experience providing timely and dependable first tier desktop and access administration to customers. Must be able to interact with customers via telephone; ESMT; walk-throughs and walk-ins. • Ability to multi-task • Ability to receive; coordinate; analyze; track and resolve multiple customer requests. • Ability to provide technical support on hardware and software-related issues; diagnosing and resolving computer-related problems; coordinating customer requirements with the network team; assisting with the implementation of hardware and software upgrades and deliveries and reporting unresolved problems to appropriate technical personnel utilizing ESMT. • Familiarity and/or direct experience with EMS; JWICS; SIPRNet; Janus; office-specific databases and other specialized applications and services. • Experience providing one-on-one consultation and training; sensitive data access control and account administration coordination. • Flexibility to work a late duty and pager duty schedule.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.