Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW241994||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Huntsville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Exempt - This position is considered exempt under the DOL's Administrative Exemption Test.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
3. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
4. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
5. Maintains system documentation
6. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
7. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
8. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
9. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
10. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline required
2-5 years of related experience in data security administration and systems/network administration
1. Knowledge of the principles; methods; and techniques used in network/systems administration and support.
2. Knowledge of related hardware and software.
3. Knowledge of data security administration principles; methods; and techniques.
4. Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration.
5. Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures; including FIPS 199; FIPS 200; NIST 800-53; DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.
6. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies; depending on job assignment.
Candidate must be able to obtain or maintain a minimum SECRET level security clearance. Meet the Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8570.01 •Information Assurance Training; Certification; and Workforce Management• and DoD 8570-M •Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program• requirements OR meet the requirements for any type of Computer Network Defense (CND) professional (CND-A; CND-IS; CND-IR; CND-AU) mentioned in the aforementioned regulations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.