Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW241793||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Crane||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Network Security Information Assurance Certification: IAT 2 / IAM 2 (GSLC; CAP; CISM; CISSP; CASP) Job duties: Performs the following duties independently with minimal oversight: • Lead the effort in the monitoring of our network security; boundaries; in regards to attacks; intrusions; and spillages. Ensures that network security is maintained at the highest level and network performance is not impacted or restricted due to non-approved attempts on our systems. Maintain network security designs; configurations; and support of all IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) as well as firewalls and other network security devices. • Leads the development and maintenance of Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) documentation package with the focus of achieving DoD Information Assurance (DIA) Certification and Accreditation (CAP) (DIACAP); Certification and Accreditation (C&A) or current system of accreditation • Leads the development and maintenance of Crane corporate documentation required by the DIACAP process for providing support to the system administrators for their individual systems.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.